Monday, October 25, 2010

Women of Faith NIght

The next Women of Faith Night is on November 3rd @ 7pm at Kathy Thompson's house. Discussion will be:

Who knoweth whether thou art come…for such a time as this?

Read Esther 4-5

As these chapters begin, the “sword” of Haman is hanging over the heads of the Jews. They face destruction at the end of the year.

If you knew that your life would end within the year, what changes would you make?

How do you approach crisis? What was the approach of the Jews?

Mordecai took his grief to the place where he worked. His co-workers saw him at his worst and most vulnerable. When was the last time you had to risk losing face to try to save something more precious than pride?

Someone once said, “Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional.” Since we cannot be free of pain, the key to successful living is finding ways to live above it.

Have you seen examples of this principle in your life?

Elder Scott stated: “Faith in the power of obedience to the commandments of God will forge strength of character available to you in times of urgent need. Such character is not developed in moments of great challenge or temptation. That is when it is intended to be used. Your exercise of faith in true principles builds character; fortified character expands your capacity to exercise more faith. As a result, your capacity and confidence to conquer the trials of life is enhanced.”

How does a woman build up her character so she can meet the tough challenges of life?

What would happen if you asked God to cultivate your character?
Do you trust God to control the circumstances around you?

Esther has been married about 4-1/2 years now. What do you know about her life now?

Why was Esther concerned about Mordecai’s appearance?

What does Haman ask Esther to do?
Esther’s response

Why did Esther think Mordecai was asking too much?

Have you experienced difficult times in your life—and people ask you to do more?

Did Mordecai accept Esther’s reasons for refusing to approach the king? What was his response?

A time such as this……………..
What does Esther decide?
How would this help her to prepare?

Esther was the queen. What is your position?
Read the following scriptures. How do they apply to you—figuratively, literally or not at all?
I Cor. 3:16 Matt. 11:11 Matt. 13:11-12 I peter 2:9

I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything;
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
-Edward Everett Hale

The scriptures contain many stories of individual men and women who made a difference—who stood in the gap and changed their times.

We are a chosen generation. We are women with a purpose---which will not be easily fulfilled. That purpose will require the most difficult decisions we think we can make. Then miracles happen and God helps us to become something we were not. The “who knows” becomes “I know.”

Think of examples when you have been faced with tough decisions. What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment